Thanks to leapfrogging advancement in deep learning, the facial recognition API is quickly becoming mainstream. The vast availability of facial recognition API over cloud-based subscription, is making it almost utility-like now.
However, not all facial recognition APIs are born equal. Some may not be commercially available for on-premise deployment option when required, while some remain less commercially tested for varying skin tones, and most importantly – many commercially available options are not supported with highly secure liveness detection component.
OkayFace is applied to following use cases
Real-time Facial Sighting
Substitution to Password
OkayFace is powered by facial verification algorithm that satisfies 0.000001 false match rate. This is further strengthen with liveness detection component that supports financial-grade anti-spoofing techniques.
Liveness detection is a process that should take place before facial recognition, in use cases that requires stringent verification of a person’s facial identity. It makes sure that the person (user/customer) you are interacting with, remotely over an app, is indeed a live person and not a photo or recorded screenplay. It prevents spoofing attacks.
The combination of two liveness detection techniques offered are:
- Face flashing test, by projecting random colors and analyzing the reflected light to determine if the reflection comes from face skin, or another light emitting device.
- Live movement check such as eye blink, head pitch, head yaw and mouth movement.
- Liveness detection supported to prevent spoofing attack
- Available as cloud API or on-premise server
- Proven implementation that involves hundreds of millions users
- Support and technical expertise in Southeast Asian timezone
- Readily integrated with ID capture technology to support facial ID verification with various identity documents, such as passport, Malaysia’s MyKad, Indonesia’s eKTP, Singapore’s NRIC, and more.