Innov8tif Lands Award in Top In Tech Innovation Award 2021

Innov8tif Solutions Sdn Bhd has been awarded first runner-up for the Most Promising Growth Company Award in the Top In Tech Innovation Awards 2021. Innov8tif's proprietary solution, OkayDoc, has been implemented in over 30 eKYC implementations, with the company more than doubling its eKYC transactions to 7.5 million in 2021. The award recognizes the company's rapid growth over the past year, despite the pandemic's challenges.

Innov8tif; award; 2021

Innov8tif Solutions Sdn Bhd (Innov8tif) is proud to have placed first runner-up as the Most Promising Growth Company Award within the Top In Tech Innovation Awards 2021. The award is supported by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), and special thanks to MalaysiaKini and Digital News Asia for hosting the award ceremony.

This award is a testament to Innov8tif’s rapid growth over the past year, despite the challenges brought about by the pandemic. The company has more than doubled its eKYC transactions to 7.5 million in 2021, with over 30 eKYC implementations using Innov8tif’s proprietary solution — OkayDoc. Innov8tif has also doubled its R&D department headcount within the same period as well.

Innov8tif; award; 2021

“We are fortunate to have bright talents helping us further innovation within the Malaysian tech ecosystem,” says Innov8tif CEO George Lee.

“Throughout the award ceremony, we have also noticed the rise of new and exciting startups within the local tech scene. I believe that there are plenty of opportunities to collaborate moving forward!”

The award ceremony coincides with the recent launch of the Malaysian Research Accelerator for Technology and Innovation (MRANTI), who is also one of the key partners for the event.

This new agency is formed to tackle the issue of stifling innovation in Malaysia due to poor management and low commercialisation rates for bright, innovative ideas. In a recent interview, MRANTI CEO Dzuleira Abu Bakar lamented that 80% of local researchers prefer jobs in university institutions, leaving only 20% for the private and non-profit sectors — the direct opposite of South Korea, where the numbers are flipped.

“Although product innovation is one of our core pillars, our bright talents are the key unforeseen forces driving Innov8tif to winning this award today,” George adds.

“Sustainability and corporate governance have been our key priorities for the past year. Through our company’s eKYC products, we have contributed directly to the reduction of GHG emissions by eliminating the need for travel to physical branches of financial institutions and telco service providers. 

We have also recently completed our annual ISO 27001:2013 surveillance audit by external auditors, ensuring that information and data security is properly maintained and continuously improved across time. Our team is on a constant lookout for new ways to improve processes, and I am confident in our abilities to serve the business community moving forward.”